GEER - Transportation
For questions or more information, please visit https://www.pgcc.edu/geer/ or email GEER@pgcc.edu
- Be a Maryland resident
- Be legally eligible to work in the US
- Have their employment status affected by COVID – this includes a job loss, reduction in hours, unstable employment, or challenges finding new employment
- Be enrolled in or ready to enroll in a GEER approved course
- Be in good standing with all PGCC accounts
For more information, please email GEER@pgcc.edu
Courses that are eligible for the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) funding in the Transportation pathway include:
• OCC 301 Auto Technician: Basic Theory
• OCC 324 Auto Technician: Brake System
• OCC 336 Auto Technician: Engine Performance
• OCC 400 Auto Technician: Electrical Systems
Commercial Driver License: Class A & B (MD, DC OR VA)
• CDL 315 CDL: Learner’s Permit Preparation
• CDL 301 CDL: Class B
• CDL 324 CDL: Class A
Forklift and Heavy Equipment
• HEO 305 OSHA Forklift Operator Certification
• HEO 310 Backhoe Operator Basics
Motorcycle Safety and Class M licensing
• OCC 361 Basic Rider Course
• OCC 579 Basic Rider Course 2-SP
- Office of Student Services
- Supplemental Questions
- Social security number:
- Are you a Maryland resident?
- Are you an employee or dependent of an employee at Prince George's Community College?
- Has your employment status been affected by COVID – this includes a job loss, reduction in hours, unstable employment, or challenges finding new employment
- Are you registered for a class specified in the Transportation pathway?
- Documents needed to prove that student is lawfully residing in the United States. Provide one document from the following options: *United States Birth Certificate *Maryland Enhanced Driver’s License or Identification Card (Must be issued after January 1, 2019. Enhanced Driver’s License includes a star on the top right corner) *Permanent Resident Card *United States Passport or Passport Card *Certificate of Naturalization *Certificate of Citizenship *Proof of Asylum Refugee status: I-94, I-94A, or Temporary Form I-551 Note: All documentation must be unexpired.
- Which class or classes do you plan to register for through the GEER grant?
- Show 2 more