WDSS-Veterinary Assistant Program
Must meet below minimum requirements:
1. Maryland resident
2. Must register for VET 301 (Veterinary Assistant II: Diagnostics and Pharmacy), VET 315 (Basic Skills: Veterinary Assistant Series), VET 316 (Veterinary Assistant Clinical), VET 317 (Veterinary Assistant, Part I: Outpatient Care), VET 318 (Veterinary Assistant, Part III: Patient Care and Treatment), and/or VET 319 (Veterinary Assistant, Part IV: Surgery, Anesthesia, and Emergency Care).
1. Students must have a valid social security number and meet at least one of the Maryland residency requirements. PGCC reserves the right to adjust or cancel your scholarship at any time if it is determined that you do not meet the qualifications.
2. The MHEC Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship funds are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Applying for the scholarship does not guarantee an award.
3. Scholarship recipients will be notified with an award letter.
4. Scholarship awards must be used in the award year (July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021).
5. Scholarship funds can only be used to pay for tuition, fees, and associated costs of attendance (books, equipment) for classes in eligible course series.
6. Students should not expect refunds of unused grant amounts.
7. Students must keep the college informed of any relevant name, address and phone number changes that will affect our ability to contact you.
8. All scholarships are managed and awarded in accordance to the Maryland Higher Education Commission’s prescribed guidelines and PGCC college policy.